How To Treat Common Cold Using Natural Herbs?
Being sick even if you are at home in bed is not fun. The combination of the flue, fever, chills and nasal congestion I think can be enough for anyone to make miserable. There are many of the HOME REMEDIES that can overcome your symptoms and get you back to normal. Annoying symptoms that you are experiencing are the part of the natural healing process. So, for this there are some of the natural herb remedies which are as given below:
Chicken soup may not be a best for all the common cold and flu, but it’s a great choice when you’re sick. Studies show and suggests that enjoying a bowl of chicken soup with vegetables, prepared from scratch or warmed from a can, can help slowing the movement of neutrophils in your body. Neutrophils are typically common type of white blood cell. They help protect your body from infection. When these cells are moving slowly, they stay more concentrated in the areas of your body that require the most healing.
The researches show that chicken soup was effective and considered best for reducing the symptoms of upper respiratory infections in particular. Remember that low-sodium soup also carries great nutritional value and helps keep you hydrated. It’ is one of the best choices, no matter how you’re feeling.
There are many health benefits of ginger but now there some pof the scientific proof of its curative properties. Some slices of raw ginger root in boiling water can help soothe a cough or sore throat. Studies suggest that it can also ward off the feelings of nausea that so often accompany influenza. For example, some of the studies found that just half gram of ginger can “alleviate clinical nausea of diverse causes.”
Honey has a many antibacterial and antimicrobial property. It is recommended that drinking honey in tea with lemon can ease sore throat pain. Most of the studies suggest that honey is an effective cough suppressant, too. In one of the studies, some of the researchers found that giving children more than 9 grams of honey at bedtime reduced the severity of their cough symptoms. By giving the honey the children reportedly slept more soundly, which also helps reduce cold symptoms.
But never give honey to a child younger than 1 year old, because as it often contains botulinum spores. While if we talk about older children and adult then they’re usually harmless to older children and adults, infants’ immune systems aren’t able to fight them off.
Eat Infection-Fighting Foods:
It is recommended to eat the infection fighting food some of the infection fighting foods helps in fighting with the infection they also work best in flu and cold like infections. So, for this is there is some of the infection fighting foods which are as given below:
- Bananas and rice are best to soothe upset stomach and curb diarrhea
- Vitamin C-containing foods like bell peppers are also best for fighting with the infections.
- Blueberries curb diarrhea and are high in natural aspirin, these all may lower fevers and help with aches and pains
- Carrots, which contain beta-carotenea also help in fighting with the infections
- Cranberries might help preventing bacteria from sticking to cells lining the bladder and urinary tract
- Mustard or horseradish might help in breaking up mucus in air passages
- Onions contain phytochemicals which is best for helping the body clear bronchitis and other infections
- Black and green tea contain catechin, a phytochemical purported to have natural antibiotic and anti-diarrhea effects this is also best for fighting with the infections.
- Remember, that serious conditions, which include sinus infections, bronchitis, meningitis, strep throat, and asthma, can also look like the common cold. If you have symptoms like that, and don’t seem to be getting better, then it is better to call your doctor.